Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blue Mountain - Midnight in Mississippi

Intro: Am.Am.Am7.Am.Am.Am7.Em


Am....................C
it's midnight in mississippi

Am....................Em
all the girls are starting to look pretty

Am..............................C
the boys are getting ready to rumble

Am.............................Em
and the stoners are starting to stumble

Dm......................Am
hanging out in a viper's den

Dm...................................Am
hittin' the pipe with my crazy friends

Dm...................................Am
baby take a drink from another cup

F............................................................Em
maybe me and you could watch the sun come up

red wine and marijuana
you make me feel like I really wanna
you make me feel like a mighty hero
but I can't remember how to count to zero
say, I really like you band
you know my daddy was a guitar man
I got a truck parked right outside
maybe me and you can take a midnight ride

took a ride out to junior kimbrough's
parked the car and steamed up the windows
the place was packed, the food was fried
a sign said no dope smoking inside
bumping uglies(?) with a big ole girl
gold teeth and a jheri curl
turned his eyes to roll back in his head
he's laying down some moves that could wake the dead

well I'm raising hell with a rebel yell
banging on a bell that's an old man's motel
I can't seem to find my room key
I wonder would it be the shroom tea
stumblin' with my brand new friend
as the walls begin to spin
she said, "don't worry honey I'm a nurse
I got some medicine right here in my purse"

we made it on the bed, we made it on the floor
she's sweatin' like a race horse and hollarin' for more
and then came a banging on the motel door
a voice said "open up you lyin' whore"
he kicked the door in and came inside
I was looking for a place to hide
he pulled out a knife and said "that's my wife
and now ?????? you're gonna pay with your life"

midnight in mississippi
midnight in mississippi

No comments: