Thursday, August 2, 2007

Mark Olson - My Carol

Capo III


C.......................F.....
...........C
I have come to fetch my Carol

Am.................G..................F
I have wandered in the muck

F..........................................C
Dirty sheets outside of broken windows

F................................................C
Lies that poor folks never tell to rich ones

F..............................G.............C
Louder still is the sound of love

G..................C
The sound of love


Where she falls in the leaves and the road
I know the beauty of her song
The blood of priests runs through her veins
She shakes her fists when taunted so
Stronger still is the light of her soul
The light of her soul


F...................................
I have come to help her now

C....................C/b
Footsteps I follow

Am.........................G
Her black hair in my face

D...............................G
Her arms around her waist


Slink back under the fallen step
Of black rites and crooked sticks
Unforeseen victims of modern sin
I walk the dark rain and then no more
Daylight rings the bells of joy

No comments: