Friday, August 3, 2007

Great Lake Swimmers - Your Rocky Spine

Capo III

Em.......................D

I was lost in the lakes

A7.......................................C

and the shapes that your body makes

Em....................................................D

that your body makes that your body makes

A7..........................C

that your body makes


D....C....D....C....


and the mountains said I can find you here
they whispered the snow and the leaves in my ear
I traced my finger along your trails
your body was the map I was lost in it

G.................................D

floating over your rocky spine

A....................................................C

the gray shears made you and now your mine (2x)

I was moving across your frozen veneer
the sky was dark you were clear
could you feel my footsteps
would you shatter would you shatter would you

and your soft fingers between my claws
like purity against resolve
I could tell then there we were falling from a plane
and came from the rocks for the earth to display

they told me to be careful up there
were the wind blows a venomous rage through your hair
they told me to be careful up there
were the wind rages through your hair

No comments: