Monday, January 5, 2009

Vigilantes of Love - Weak One Now

G...C...D

G.................C................Em...............G
It's not your promises that I don't respect

......................Em........................G
They're cold comfort when I'm wrecked

................D.....................C
Reaching blindly out for you

G..................C.....................Em.....................G
I've heard it said at least a thousand times before

..................Em.....................G...................D..........C
"Just keep knocking at the door of opportunity"

C..........................D
I'm the weak one now

...................Am.....................C
And I don't need your sacred cow

....................................D
It's hard to drink the dreams

.............Am..................C
Mingled ashes and the might-have-been

C
Kill the spirit

.................D
Assail the flesh

.....Am...........................C
We amuse ourselves to death

..................................D...........................Am
Holy words on bated breath lose their meaning

.........C.....................G
20th century, shut up

Gold has lost its luster
The silver becomes dull
Once I used to run with joy
Now I can barely crawl
I'd like to help you, brother
I've washed my hands and dried
The steely blade of science never hypnotized me once

No comments: