Monday, January 26, 2009

John Doe - A Little More Time

D
There was a time

............F#m
when the sunshine

G..................................Em
played in your soft blond hair

G................................A
reflected in your golden eyes

.......G.............................................Em
you leaned back your head and you laughed

..........A
about tomorrow

then it came like a new day
the sun in the sky beamed
water sparkled down the stream
we knew this could all go away
but not today

and when it did
you were better
better than the day you were born
not quite so perfectly formed
the only wish I had that day
that it would stay


.........................G
just a little more time

.......Em
with you

........Bm
with me

........A
with you

..........................G
just a little more time

........Em
with you

.......A
and me

down by the stream
in the mountains
I promised you faithfully
that I would never leave
if and when I went away
I'd still protect you

but now I'm gone
and the loose ends
are strings hanging from my hands
tied to an empty land
stuck on a steering wheel
in Nebraska

but I'm around
so baby call me
just before you go to bed
before you lay down your head
or if you need an old fashion cry
I'm your guy

just a little more time
with you
with me
with you
just a little more time
with you
with me
with you
just a little more time
with you
and me

there was a time...

No comments: