Friday, December 23, 2011

Drag the River - Barroom Bliss

C.......................F..........................C
My mind doesn't work so well these days

C...................F..................C
I drink all my waking hours away

G
If I sit here long enough

G
maybe I think of something

.........C...............Am......G
that'll make you stay

something tells me not think at all
I sit in the darkness starin at the wall
This lonliness is hell
I search for drinks and things
to make me well

F...............Am
I spend my life staring

G............................C
through my bloodshot eyes

F............Am...............G
I'll never know where I belong

With eyes closed fast
I play photographs of you
You stare at me and wonder
how I'm doing
I tell you that I'm fine
That thought echoes through my empty mind
I close my eyes again

With barroom bliss and a strangers kiss
I'm home
Cause noone ever wants to be alone
I doubt that there is a way
I'll ever speak the words
that'll make you stay

my mind doesnt work so well these days

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! One day can you please do tired and fired?

Unknown said...

This is awesome, thanks for sharing! One day can you please do tired and fired?