Thursday, April 2, 2009

NQ Arbuckle - In Another Time

A
in another time when I quit smoking

A
I don't drink as much

A......................D
and my heart isn't broken

..........A
when I wake up early and I can see clearly

A
with a haircut, clean clothes,

A......................D
newspaper, and coffee

....Bm..............................G
I'll tell you what I'm gonna do

G...............................................................D
I'm gonna write a letter just to say "I hate you"


A


when my old car and shotgun are registered
my room is clean
and my debts are paid at the local bar
when Foggy Mountain Breakdown
isn't my favorite song
and I do all the normal stuff other people do
just to get along
I'll tell you how it's gonna be
I'm gonna write a letter just to say that you miss me

when the sun has turned to ice
and I think that you are nice
and I'm working out instead of drinking all night
and when I don't care
and I don't have no more nightmares
and I'm not the last drunk at the party in the armchair
I'll tell you what I'm gonna say
I'm gonna write a letter just to say "I'm okay"
I'll tell you what I'm gonna do

No comments: