Sunday, April 20, 2014

Whiskeytown - The Battle

Intro:
C...G...D...G


C..............G................D.........G
when i am buried don't visit my grave

C................G........................D..........G
God cannot save me from the sins i've embraced
pay your respects to that old liquor store
where i won the battle and i lost the war

you mine for silver and i pan for gold
you keep yours hidden and all mine is sold
you tell the truth and i lie and i barter
and i drink and i cry and i pass out at night

i've always cheated though i've never stolen
i've wanted things that you ain't never thought of
pay your respects to that gambling score
where i won the battle and i lost the war

they always told me when death came my sins would be
casted out, forgotten, laid to rest with my body
pay your respects to that old church house door
where i won the battle and i lost the war

No comments: