Friday, December 12, 2008

Roy Davis and the Dregs - Deadweight

G............................................Am
City lights, like the things I used to say

...............C.......................................G
And they drift away, so brief and sad.

G.............................................................Am
Memories gone, more to make than a guy can pull

.............C..........................................G
But I'm trying still, you should be glad.

C............................Cm............................G
Because after all, you're still my deadweight.

Battles almost over now, I can let you in.
Mind your step, the lights are dim and it's fresh paint.
Have a drink and talk about the way things are,
And the way we want them to stay.

Because after all, you're still my deadweight.

No comments: